Lead Pastor/Church Planter
Bridge Community Church (BCC) of Easton
Bridge Community Church (BCC) of Easton is looking for candidates interested in applying to serve as LEAD PASTOR/CHURCH PLANTER. Mike Hollenbach, the original church planter, will be stepping down no later than January 2020, possibly sooner depending on this search process and the calling of a new lead leader/pastor. Besides a much fuller SEARCH PORTFOLIO which the BCC leaders have put together (either attached or can be requested), here are a few quick ‘bullets’ to help fill in the calling and context.
- BCC is very DIVERSE group of churched, unchurched, de-churched and non-followers of Jesus. Our diversity is not only ethnic, but socio-economic, age, education, etc. Our current size is about 60-70 adults and children.
- BCC is LOCATED in Easton PA, the County Seat of Northampton County and the smallest of the three cities which makeup the Lehigh Valley. Though surrounded by and even drawing from varying levels of affluence, BCC has chosen to meet formally and focus much of its ministry in the West Ward of Easton, allowing for many opportunities of not only word ministry, but also deed ministry.
- BCC’s VISION & PHILOSOPHY of MINISTRY is to be a Christ/Gospel-Centered Church which is expressed in our growing in 1) our communion with Jesus… 2) our community as we one-another… and 3) our co-mission as we try and bless the world around us! We tend to be reformed in our theology, missional in our thinking, and PCA in denominational affiliation.
- FINANCIALLY, this position will require support raising that will be supplemented by BCC’s tithes and offerings.
If you have further interest please email Maria Wenner at firstname.lastname@example.org and cc Mike Hollenbach at email@example.com. If you have not seen BCC’s ‘search portfolio’, the documents will be mailed to you.
We are asking all candidates to initially SUBMIT…
- Resume (w/ references)
- 2 Sermons
- Philosophy of your Mission/Ministry (a 1 page summary)
Posted: April 3, 2019
Send your job openings and resumes to Sara Drexler.